How do I contact Mr. McGovern?
• My email address is: email@example.com and
I check my email at least once per day. I am more likely to respond quickly and informatively to you by email rather than if you phone.
• If you don’t have email or would prefer to speak with me, you can phone the school at 604- 534-4171 and have me paged to come to the phone outside of regular class hours. Please do not try to leave me a voicemail as I don’t have a phone near my classroom and will not get back to you in a timely manner.
What should I do if I miss a class?
• PARENTS should contact the school at 604- 534-4171 for each absence to have it show up as “excused” on the computer. Otherwise it will be assumed that it is a truancy.
• STUDENTS if you know in advance, it is your responsibility to find out what you can do to keep up. If a test* was missed, I will also require a parental note that explains why this absence
was unavoidable, and how I can best contact the parent if I need more information or clarification. If a quiz was missed, again I will require a parental note that explains why this absence was unavoidable, but I will generally just omit quizzes at that point putting more emphasis on your unit test.
*Missed tests will be written on Wednesdays from 3:00-4:20 pm.
Is Extra Help Available?
• Peer Tutoring will be available every day after school, where senior math/science students will provide help.
• I am available for help most days after school as well. There will be days when I am not available (usually the exception), and so it is best to arrange help sessions with me in advance.